We launched OpenProject 11.0.0.
This unusual originate will remark all styles of aspects that will toughen classical as effectively as agile venture management. Now we possess implemented a main-down scheduling which introduces the answer to schedule projects manually in OpenProject. Also, we now possess done reasonably just a few improvements to the agile boards, e.g. to create a piece breakdown building on your projects. Furthermore, we now possess developed venture templates as effectively as better venture portfolio management.
As continuously, the originate contains many extra improvements and worm fixes and we recommend updating to the most modern version promptly.
Top-down venture scheduling with unusual manual planning mode
Top-down scheduling permits the venture group to stipulate all projects fascinated by a venture, beginning with a mounted initiate up and construct date, and breaking it down into smaller work packages. The unusual manual scheduling mode in OpenProject permits to web relate online a initiate up and construct date of the guardian without being tormented by the initiate up and construct dates of its younger folks. That it’s likely you’ll now belief a venture prime-down without intellectual all projects at the initiate up of the venture.
Transferring a child ingredient in the manual scheduling mode is no longer going to transfer the dates of the guardian ingredient. It will now sign the scheduling variations with a blue or crimson bracket below (e.g. when a child is shorter or longer than the guardian fragment). Also, we now possess added a gray background on hover to sign the guardian-child-relationships.
Now, in OpenProject you presumably can rely on both, prime-down and bottom-up planning or perchance a aggregate of both. The approach you to prefer depends on your particular planning goal.
Versatile agile boards provide you with extra alternate choices (top rate characteristic)
Fresh action board forms as effectively as further improvements to the boards enable you even better agile venture management.
WBS (work-breakdown-building) boards
Now, you presumably can create a piece breakdown building on your venture by adding guardian-child-parts as a board. Buy the guardian work packages from the listing and create a board with all corresponding younger folks work packages.
Agile boards for subprojects
Also, venture hierarchies can now be displayed in the boards, e.g. to distribute projects between subprojects. Subprojects would possibly well perchance even furthermore be chosen as lists in a board from the guardian venture, the corresponding work packages from the respective subproject will seem below.
Fresh boards advent show to pick out diversified board forms
Furthermore, we now possess implemented extra improvements to the agile boards, equivalent to a better board advent modal. It is miles now significant less complicated to pick a brand unusual board from the in the market alternate choices.
Playing cards with shrimp print acquire out about in boards
To acquire extra recordsdata relating to the playing cards in a board and to enable rapid and uncomplicated updates of all work equipment attributes incl. custom fields, we now possess enabled a ruin up-show acquire out about furthermore for the boards acquire out about. The unusual ruin up show acquire out about would possibly well perchance even furthermore be enabled thru the recordsdata icon on the playing cards.
Mission templates for easy venture advent
The unusual venture templates enable you to create projects basically based on predefined templates. When surroundings up a venture you presumably can outline whether or no longer this venture wants to be outmoded as a venture template. You’re going to then possess the likelihood to pick out a predefined venture template when rising a brand unusual venture which already involves all configurations, e.g. assignee, venture belief, work breakdown building.
Improved venture portfolio management
The configuration of the “acquire out about all projects” page now permits better venture portfolio management. That it’s likely you’ll configure the “acquire out about all projects” listing to present an clarification for connected venture recordsdata for all projects, e.g. add custom fields for projects and cling columns that are no longer considerable. With the hyperlink to the Gantt charts acquire out about you presumably can precise away initiate a world work packages acquire out about for all projects, configured to your wants, e.g. to present an clarification for all milestones across all projects.
Harmonization of the time and costs modules
Tracking frolicked and costs is now significant less complicated with the improved and harmonized modules for time and fee reporting. The modules Time monitoring and Charge reporting possess been blended. Everytime that you just might want to trace time and/or costs in a venture, the unusual module Time and costs wants to be activated in the venture settings. It automatically provides the time monitoring and fee reporting functionality to the venture.
The Budgets module will remain unchanged and furthermore permits venture budgets to be tracked.
Enhancements of the WYSIWYG editor
Now we possess yet again added many improvements to the WYSIWYG editor, i.e. for wiki pages or the work packages description. As an instance, you presumably can now alter the image dimension in the editor.
Furthermore, it’s now likely so that you just can add macros to insert venture or work packages attributes to the wiki or work equipment description.
Attribute relieve texts for projects (top rate characteristic)
Now we now possess furthermore expanded the attribute relieve texts for projects. That it’s likely you’ll outline relieve textual relate material for all venture attributes, equivalent to web relate online or in label or any custom field for projects. A shrimp quiz label icon will seem late the attribute in account for to construct the entry of this recordsdata less complicated and acquire rid of errors.
Copy boards and venture dashboards
Boards and venture dashboards can now furthermore be copied when copying a venture. This lets you web relate online up a default venture and replica it to web relate online up a brand unusual venture.
As continuously,…… there’s significant extra!
There are heaps and hundreds unusual issues we packed into 11.0 to divulge you about.
All worm fixes and adjustments in 11.0
- Mounted: Journal recordsdata is no longer eliminated upon work equipment deletion [#22048]
- Mounted: warning when recordsdata would possibly be discarded [#25683]
- Mounted: WYSIWYG editor incorrectly interprets underscores in feature names as italics [#28889]
- Mounted: The label experiences plugin is hidden unless the time monitoring module is energetic [#30350]
- Mounted: Build of labor equipment attribute adjustments when beginning editing [#31614]
- Mounted: Work equipment now no longer integrated in filter “Estimated time: none” when taking away label for Estimated time [#32111]
- Mounted: Custom-made action lists archived projects as alternate choices [#32131]
- Mounted: Injurious sign of labor equipment widgets on venture overview [#32457]
- Mounted: News create – undefined skill `journaled_attributes’ for nil:NilClass: [#33038]
- Mounted: OP 10.4.x: Injurious message “Set up is already the utilize of MySQL, skipping postgres addon” [#33066]
- Mounted: Can’t create plugins [#33213]
- Mounted: Can’t lope & descend work equipment outdoors of for the time being displayed browser window [#33247]
- Mounted: No default account for for time entry api [#33328]
- Mounted: Add-listing modal of version board is mostly empty [#33346]
- Mounted: Mails cease no longer admire OS darkish mode [#33382]
- Mounted: Unit label for objects < 1 are off by order of magnitude [#33383]
- Fixed: Overview activity does not update automatically in split screen [#33405]
- Fixed: Date fields of closed work packages are highlighted red [#33457]
- Fixed: Filter get lost after deleting search string from text filter [#33465]
- Fixed: Printing the wrong value in the report [#33496]
- Fixed: Selected board in the left sidebar loses color highligthing [#33514]
- Fixed: Unsolicited logout on community.openproject.com every day [#33575]
- Fixed: Image removed from work package description when adding image to comment [#33578]
- Fixed: No German translation for Cost reports [#33584]
- Fixed: Type Form Configuration Not Saved [#33592]
- Fixed: ATOM feed link for all activities is not created as intended [#33650]
- Fixed: Mark priority as mandatory and remove “empty” option [#33678]
- Fixed: Work packages missing/duplicates when displayed on several pages [#33679]
- Fixed: Remapping oauth users fails if email or login contains upper case letters [#33687]
- Fixed: wiki after navigate on item in sidebar, the sidebar reset to top and lose the view of focus item [#33690]
- Fixed: Autologin breaks in conjunction with auth stages (e.g. consent, 2FA, recaptcha) [#33696]
- Fixed: Back button does not work when coming from Boards [#33747]
- Fixed: Missing padding in “Log time” widget [#33749]
- Fixed: Users can set the default work package status to read-only [#33750]
- Fixed: “New Board” modal is missing a header text [#33753]
- Fixed: WP still shown after deleting it [#33756]
- Fixed: Errors on project custom values are not displayed upon saving a project [#33766]
- Fixed: Cannot create user through API with auth_source, but no password [#33869]
- Fixed: Another error during form configuration [#33892]
- Fixed: Parent’s due date can be edited in automatic scheduling mode [#33901]
- Fixed: Cost report layout broken [#33910]
- Fixed: Work package graph displays unnecessary scrollbar [#33911]
- Fixed: Custom action button not removed when condition is no longer met [#33912]
- Fixed: Inconsistent upper and lower case in “Remaing Hours” when compared with “Estimated time” [#33927]
- Fixed: Documents layout broken [#33930]
- Fixed: Problem with watchers [#33936]
- Fixed: Selected dates in date picker not higlighted across months [#33957]
- Fixed: ScrollIntoView previous element [#33966]
- Fixed: Users without permissions can see budgets in work package dropdown / internal error [#33981]
- Fixed: Work package on edge not shown correctly / cannot be edited [#33982]
- Fixed: Budgets module shown for users without permission “View budgets” [#33983]
- Fixed: Impossible to deactivate a project through the API [#33987]
- Fixed: Hide resizer when the wp detail page is shown in full view [#33988]
- Fixed: Changes in widget titles are not saved sometime [#33998]
- Fixed: Cannot copy projects with user CF [#34000]
- Fixed: “An internal error has occurred” displayed when file size exceeded on direct upload [#34016]
- Fixed: Drag and drop parent/child [#34021]
- Fixed: Gantt chart: phases doesn’t have background color on hover [#34074]
- Fixed: Gantt chart: children not allowed to move out of its parent’s date range [#34076]
- Fixed: Filters does not accept user id for principal in API memberships [#34108]
- Fixed: Order of work packages in XLS, PDF, CSV export differs from order in OpenProject [#34112]
- Fixed: Checkboxes in table not displayed correctly in WYSIWYG editor [#34113]
- Fixed: Archived projects not available via the API [#34120]
- Fixed: Gantt charts: rows misaligned when scrolling to bottom [#34127]
- Fixed: Logged time is always one hour instead of the entered value [#34130]
- Fixed: Cost types: Unable to add a new cost type [#34144]
- Fixed: Cost Types: rate not saved when a new type is created [#34145]
- Fixed: Time entry modal form can send form multiple times when clicked quickly several times [#34163]
- Fixed: I18n: Settings label not found in /settings/plugin/costs [#34188]
- Fixed: [all projects overview] Todo-list: checkboxes are preceded by bullets [#34190]
- Fixed: Quick filter not applied for externally configured queries [#34239]
- Fixed: Gantt Chart: Back-end – Front-end discrepancies when dragging a work package produces an error [#34252]
- Fixed: “Undefined” shown when editing cost entry in “Log unit cost” screen [#34257]
- Fixed: All-in-one docker image on dev branch no longer works [#34272]
- Fixed: Error displayed when deleting work package with logged time [#34283]
- Fixed: Wiki side menu cuts of too high / doesn’t display bottom wiki pages [#34284]
- Fixed: Internal error when uploading attachment(s) to “Documents” module [#34285]
- Fixed: Two identical / very similar error message shown in custom field create screen [#34289]
- Fixed: Not possible to scroll page while move custom field in form configuration [#34290]
- Fixed: Date “null – null” shown when editing date of newly created work packages [#34291]
- Fixed: Typo and strange wording on board creation screen [#34292]
- Fixed: No translation / wrong translation for “Settings” [#34293]
- Fixed: Date picker in cost types settings (administration) opens in weird location [#34297]
- Fixed: Missing translations on copy project loading (and error) screen [#34298]
- Fixed: Budget positions disappear from budget when editing [#34299]
- Fixed: “Fixed date” in Budget not translated [#34300]
- Fixed: Work packages table: dropped element disappears when back-end error [#34332]
- Fixed: Link to a particular activity doesn’t work [#34341]
- Fixed: Broken error message when creating task on backlogs page [#34345]
- Fixed: Date picker modal is cut off when switching from manual scheduling mode [#34346]
- Fixed: Internal error shown when uploading document to attribute help text (projects) [#34352]
- Fixed: Help text for custom fields (projects) not shown in project settings [#34353]
- Fixed: Date settings are not applied for date picker or calendar [#34356]
- Fixed: Unclear warning message displayed when filtered value for assignee board does not match any member [#34358]
- Fixed: Tasks added to subproject action board disappear automatically after adding [#34359]
- Fixed: Entry “Time and costs” not highlighted when selecting from side menu [#34373]
- Fixed: Project date custom fields takes a lot of space (more than other fields) [#34380]
- Fixed: Widget content is lost / widget collapsed (custom text) [#34381]
- Fixed: Default value of a custom field not passed [#34420]
- Fixed: Focus not set on project name when creating new project [#34424]
- Fixed: Low contrast for filter icon [#34425]
- Fixed: Broken success message shown when logging into OpenProject [#34427]
- Fixed: Project members not added when selecting multiple users from “Members” menu [#34428]
- Fixed: Assignee and author field cut off even though there is enough space [#34431]
- Fixed: When changing booked time entry, entry is no longer displayed in time and costs report [#34432]
- Fixed: Logged time cannot be changed once error message is shown [#34433]
- Fixed: Translation missing in Roadmap (time tracking) [#34434]
- Fixed: Date picker for version disconnected / border missing [#34435]
- Fixed: Burndown chart not displayed (from backlogs or taskboard page) [#34437]
- Fixed: Text size on taskboard page too large [#34438]
- Fixed: Spacing on meeting page looks crammed [#34439]
- Fixed: Month / week toggler on calendar page is separated [#34440]
- Fixed: Text color (e.g. for news module on project overview page) is hard to read [#34441]
- Fixed: Added widgets on overview page are removed automatically on reload [#34442]
- Fixed: Wrong translation for “Update” in German [#34445]
- Fixed: Internal error when adding user to group [#34446]
- Fixed: Icon for SSO with Google not shown [#34458]
- Fixed: Missing background for backlog error messages [#34476]
- Fixed: Onboarding tour on edge broken [#34507]
- Fixed: Custom fields of type long text are wrongly formatted in project list [#34509]
- Fixed: Wrong default settings for Gantt chart query in project [#34511]
- Fixed: OpenProject Logo in header missing [#34529]
- Fixed: Cost report filtered by custom field list does return an empty list [#34530]
- Fixed: With global subproject filter disabled, subproject boards do not work [#34535]
- Fixed: Clicking with modifier on global search results no longer works [#34544]
- Fixed: Deleted work packages don’t disappear in boards view [#34584]
- Fixed: Error 500 when bulk-editing work packages [#34588]
- Fixed: Year almost hidden in date picker for version [#34590]
- Fixed: Onboarding tour broken in multiple places [#34597]
- Fixed: Github Integration [#34598]
- Fixed: Google OpenID provider image not shown in login form [#34601]
- Fixed: Parent work package in manual scheduling mode without date cannot be scheduled from Gantt chart [#34710]
- Fixed: Menu too small/completely hidden on Roadmap [#34712]
- Fixed: QR code not displayed on 2FA device registration [#34793]
- Fixed: Internal error (500) when creating child work package of parent with only start or finish date set [#34797]
- Fixed: Text changes from German (Projekt kopieren) to English (Copy project) while loading [#34817]
- Fixed: 500er Bug when Drag and Drop position in Gantt chart [#34836]
- Fixed: Error messages in copy project modal (e.g. boards) not localized [#34843]
- Fixed: Work package description containing work package attribute macro not displayed at all [#34852]
- Fixed: Invalid or missing translation for format of project customfield in administration [#34863]
- Fixed: On mobile the project side menu can get stuck / cut off when scrolling [#34868]
- Fixed: Missing localization for “Subproject” and “Parent-Child” board heading [#34870]
- Changed: Allow PDFs to be inlined [#24343]
- Changed: Image size on Wiki [#24760]
- Changed: Project copying: Clarify which work packages are invalid and where not copied [#26366]
- Changed: Direct-to-S3 file uploads [#27157]
- Changed: Filter by budget in cost reports [#29481]
- Changed: Add option to copy grids (boards, dashboards) [#30585]
- Changed: Add details view to boards view [#30918]
- Changed: Keep order of manually sorted work packages when copied to new project [#31317]
- Changed: Re-enable displaying of grouped sum rows [#31617]
- Changed: Rename the module Cost reports to Time and costs [#31728]
- Changed: Replace system settings tab by sub menu entries [#32051]
- Changed: Flexible width of edit field of widget title [#32176]
- Changed: Add scheduling mode to work package in back end (Database, Contracts, API) [#32877]
- Changed: Adhere to scheduling mode when scheduling [#32878]
- Changed: Display scheduling mode in work package list [#32879]
- Changed: Display scheduling mode in work package view (full & split) [#32880]
- Changed: Show work package’s children duration bar on Gantt charts [#32881]
- Changed: New seed data for “Demo project” – work packages [#32882]
- Changed: Add descendant’s start/end date to work package representer [#32883]
- Changed: Add an option to add “Unassigned” column to assignee board [#33074]
- Changed: Remove “Schedule manually” attribute from work package form configuration [#33473]
- Changed: Update release teaser block [#33571]
- Changed: Allow sorting of project custom fields shown in “View all projects” [#33580]
- Changed: Allow setting dates of manually scheduled parent [#33609]
- Changed: Journalize scheduling mode changes [#33649]
- Changed: Make the project member invitation more appealing [#33654]
- Changed: Allow adding invited users to groups [#33657]
- Changed: Make tables scrollable with sticky header [#33674]
- Changed: Move “required disk storage” to the end of the projects table [#33675]
- Changed: Reduce complexity of boolean filters [#33677]
- Changed: Add “projects” to the global Modules menu [#33680]
- Changed: Extend Date picker to show two months next to each other [#33683]
- Changed: Extend Date picker to show “Today” link [#33684]
- Changed: Ability to filter views: Only show work packages from specified subproject, but not from father project [#33763]
- Changed: Custom help text for project attributes [#33830]
- Changed: Create subproject boards [#33864]
- Changed: Create subtasks boards (Parent-Child board) [#33865]
- Changed: Fine tune the design of the new date picker for the automatic scheduling mode [#33882]
- Changed: Combine time and cost tracking and reporting module [#33918]
- Changed: Prevent losing dates when adding the first child work package to an automatically scheduled work package [#33925]
- Changed: Calculate work packages group sums in database so we can re-enable performant group sums [#33935]
- Changed: Re-Add ## and ### capability to OpenProject [#33962]
- Changed: Allow rescheduling of manually scheduled parent work package (clamps) in gantt view [#34014]
- Changed: http redirect_uri from localhost domain [#34025]
- Changed: Gantt chart: Make row’s background translucent when hovered [#34028]
- Changed: change icons for manual scheduling mode [#34058]
- Changed: Improve board creation modal [#34070]
Changed: Hide derived(Start Finish)Date from work package forms [#34122]
- Changed: Extend search autocompleter with useful information [#34132]
- Changed: [all projects overview] (Add option to) show status-text in expanded view. [#34191]
- Changed: Map board subtasks columns when copying projects [#34238]
- Changed: Having meetings as a linkable resource [#34256]
- Changed: What’s new teaser OpenProject BIM 11.0 [#34514]
- Changed: New seed data for demo project – boards [#34526]
- Changed: Change text in the Action board creation modal [#34847]
- Epic: Switch between automatic and manual scheduling mode [#25624]
- Epic: Time tracking and cost control 2.0 [#32125]
- Epic: Wiki Macro functionality to allow retrieving work package and project attributes [#33648]
- Epic: Basic portfoliomanagement for project list [#34167]
- Epic: Projekt Templates [#34468]
Installation and Updates
To use OpenProject 11.0 right away, create an instance and test 14 days for free in the Cloud.
Prefer to run OpenProject 11.0 in your own infrastructure?
Here you can find the Installation guidelines for OpenProject.
Want to upgrade from your self-managed Community version to try out the Enterprise premium features? Get a 14 days free trial token directly out of your current Community installation.
Navigate to the -> Administration-> Enterprise Edition and ask your trial token.
Migrating to OpenProject 11.0
Educate the toughen manual for the packaged installation or Docker installation to change your OpenProject installation to OpenProject 11.0.
We change the hosted OpenProject environments (Enterprise Cloud) automatically.
Credit and contributions
Particular thanks sail to all OpenProject contributors without whom this originate wouldn’t possess been likely:
Your complete developers, designers, venture managers who possess contributed to OpenProject 11.0.
The City of Cologne for sponsoring just some of the initiate source aspects and thus contributing them to the Community.
Your complete engaged customers who offered translations on CrowdIn.
Particular thanks for reporting and discovering bugs sail to:
Marc Vollmer, Andy Shilton, Christian Forgács, L B, Gábor Sift, Thyago Sanabio, Daniel Narberhaus, Harpan Budi Santoso, Çağlar Yeşilyurt, Rajiv Ranjan Sinha, Freddy Trotin, xin meng, Kris M, schermi schermi, Reduce Bailey, Adam Vanko, Hartwin Leen, Sergey Anikin, Petros Christopoulos, Oscar Meier, Bert Regelink, Carsten Klein, Dagyo Lee, Jonatan Zint, Gio @ Enuan, Peter Pof, Sergey Shalikin, Benoit PETIT-DEMOULIERE
We are continuously rising unusual aspects and improvements for OpenProject. In case you’d pick to preview what’s coming in the next originate, construct clear to verify out our building roadmap.