Harmony OS (Chinese: 鸿蒙; pinyin: Hóngméng), styled as HarmonyOS, is an originate-source,free, microkernel-primarily based distributed working system developed by Huawei with a BSD 3-Clause license.
Unveiled on 9 August 2019, the platform is designed primarily for Web of issues (IoT) gadgets. Version 2.0 of Harmony OS used to be announced in September 2020 with toughen for smartphones, head gadgets, watches and trim TVs.
Experiences surrounding an in-dwelling working system being developed by Huawei date abet as a ways as 2012. They intensified in Might well presumably well 2019 after Huawei used to be subjected to export restrictions by the united states executive for alleged violations of United States sanctions against Iran. Huawei executive Richard Yu described an in-dwelling platform as a “thought B” in case it is a ways kept away from from the exercise of Android on future smartphone products.
Prior to its unveiling, it used to be at the initiating speculated to be a mobile working system that would possibly well well substitute Android on future Huawei gadgets (according to monetary sanctions imposed on Huawei by the united states executive in Might well presumably well 2019), however by July 2019, some Huawei executives had been describing Harmony as being an “industrial” embedded working system designed for IoT hardware, discarding the previous statements for it to be a mobile working system. These small print had been confirmed upon the pleasurable unveiling of the platform in 2019, with Huawei checklist exercise cases equivalent to trim TVs, in-vehicle entertainment, and wearable gadgets.
Some media retailers reported that this OS, most continuously known as “Hongmeng OS”, would possibly well well be launched in China in either August or September 2019, with a world liberate in the 2d quarter of 2020. On 24 Might well presumably well 2019, Huawei registered “Hongmeng OS” as a trademark in China. The name “Hongmeng” (Chinese: 鸿蒙; lit.: ‘Huge Mist’) came from Chinese mythology that symbolizes primordial chaos or the field earlier than creation. The identical day, Huawei registered emblems surrounding “Ark OS” and variants with the European Union Intellectual Property Space of job. In July 2019, it used to be reported that Huawei had furthermore registered emblems surrounding the observe “Harmony” for desktop and mobile working system tool, indicating either a utterly different name or a part of the OS.
In June 2019, Huawei communications VP Andrew Williamson fast Reuters that the firm used to be attempting out HongMeng in China, and that it would possibly well actually well well be ready “in months”. Nonetheless, in July 2019, chairman Liang Hua and senior vice president Catherine Chen said that Hongmeng OS used to be not finally intended as a mobile working system for smartphones, and used to be finally an embedded working system designed for Web of issues (IoT) hardware. In July 2019, Huawei chairman Liang Hua said that the OS used to be intended for “industrial” exercise and that Huawei “[had not] made up our minds yet if the Hongmeng OS shall be developed as a smartphone working system in due direction” (preferring the ongoing exercise of Android for these gadgets). Building upon the assertion, Huawei’s senior vice president Catherine Chen said that it used to be an embedded working system designed for Web of issues (IoT) hardware.
On 9 August 2019, Huawei formally unveiled Harmony OS at its inaugural builders’ conference in Dongguan. Huawei described Harmony as a free, microkernel-primarily based distributed working system for utterly different forms of hardware, with sooner inter-project verbal substitute than QNX or Google’s “Fuchsia” microkernel, and real-time useful resource allocation. The ARK compiler shall be long-established to port Android APK capabilities to the OS. Huawei said that builders would have the skill to “flexibly” deploy Harmony OS tool across utterly different tool categories; the firm centered primarily on IoT gadgets, including “trim shows”, wearable gadgets, and in-vehicle entertainment techniques, and did not explicitly location Harmony OS as a mobile OS.
Harmony OS 2.0 launched on the Huawei Developer Conference on 10 September 2020. Huawei announced it intended to ship the working system on its smartphones in 2021.
After the U.S. ban, Huawei launched its possess HarmonyOS/HMS to scheme 600 million users on its smartphone ecosystem from Android. Huawei painted this shift from Android as an commerce game-changer, a strike against Google and arch-rival Samsung, fuelling the firm’s ambition to “strive against” Android head-on “and elevate the lead.”
Huawei said that Harmony OS would at the initiating be long-established on gadgets focusing on the Chinese market. The firm’s subsidiary impress, Honor, unveiled the Honor Vision line of trim TVs as the first user electronics gadgets to flee Harmony OS.
Now, few gadgets are supported by Harmony OS, they’re: Honor Vision, Honor Vision Pro, Huawei Vision (65/75), Huawei Router AX3.
Harmony 2.0 supports wicked pattern for smartphones, vehicle head gadgets, trim watches and trim TVs. A single person interface shall be developed that will routinely adapt between utterly different gadgets.
OpenHarmony is an originate-source HarmonyOS project launched by the OpenAtom Foundation. The project is hosted on gitee platform.
- ^ Phelan, David. “Huawei’s Valiant More than a few To Google Might well presumably well Be Coming For These Huawei & Honor Telephones”. Forbes. Retrieved 2020-10-07.
- ^ “Addition of Entities to the Entity Checklist”. Federal Register. 2019-05-21. Archived from the long-established on 8 June 2019. Retrieved 2019-06-08.
- ^ “Huawei confirms it has its possess OS on abet shelf as a thought B”. South China Morning Post. 14 March 2019. Archived from the long-established on 21 Might well presumably well 2019. Retrieved 21 Might well presumably well 2019.
- ^ Faulkner, Cameron (14 March 2019). “Huawei developed its possess working techniques in case or not it is banned from the exercise of Android and House windows”. The Verge. Archived from the long-established on 25 Might well presumably well 2019. Retrieved 23 Might well presumably well 2019.
- ^ Kharpal, Arjun (15 March 2019). “Huawei constructed tool for smartphones and laptops in case it will not exercise Microsoft or Google”. CNBC. Archived from the long-established on 22 Might well presumably well 2019. Retrieved 23 Might well presumably well 2019.
- ^ Warren, Tom (Might well presumably well 23, 2019). “Huawei’s Android and House windows selections are destined for failure”. The Verge.
- ^ Kharpal, Arjun (Might well presumably well 23, 2019). “Huawei says its possess working system would possibly well well be ready this One year if it will not exercise Google or Microsoft”. CNBC.
- ^ Cherrayil, Naushad Good ample.; telephones, John McCann 2019-05-28T15: 33: 46Z Mobile. “Huawei says its Android OS replacement open date is aloof undecided [Updated]”. TechRadar.
- ^ telephones, John McCann 2019-05-28T09: 07: 56Z Mobile. “Huawei would possibly well well be constructing an Ark (OS) as it prepares for all times after Android”. TechRadar.
- ^ Blumenthal, Eli. “Huawei’s HongMeng Android different open date unsure”. CNET.
- ^ Reichert, Corinne. “Huawei OS would possibly well well be known as ‘Hongmeng,’ however or not it is reportedly ‘removed from ready‘“. CNET.
- ^ “Who Desires Google’s Android? Huawei Emblems Its Absorb Smartphone OS”. Might well presumably well 24, 2019 – via www.wsj.com.
- ^ Jaszly, Airyl (Might well presumably well 24, 2019). “Huawei emblems Harmony name, presumably for his or her upcoming OS”.
- ^ Uy, Ed (17 August 2019). “No Google, no narrate? Huawei unveils its possess OS – Ed Uy”. BusinessMirror. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- ^ Lucic, Kristijan (2019-05-27). “Huawei’s Android More than a few Might well presumably well Be Known as “Ark OS““. Android Headlines. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- ^ Lakshmanan, Ravie (2019-07-15). “Huawei needs to name its Android OS replacement ‘Harmony’ in Europe”. The Next Web. Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- ^ “Android stays our ‘first different’: Huawei chairman”. TechNode. 2019-07-12. Archived from the long-established on 19 July 2019. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- ^ Keane, Sean. “Huawei says Hongmeng OS just isn’t at all times designed as an Android replacement”. CNET. Archived from the long-established on 19 July 2019. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- ^ Byford, Sam (2019-07-19). “Huawei says its Hongmeng OS just isn’t at all times an Android replacement finally”. The Verge. Archived from the long-established on 19 July 2019. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- ^ “Android stays our ‘first different’: Huawei chairman”. TechNode. 2019-07-12. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- ^ Keane, Sean. “Huawei says Harmony OS just isn’t at all times designed as an Android replacement”. CNET. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- ^ Byford, Sam (2019-07-19). “Huawei says its Harmony OS just isn’t at all times an Android replacement finally”. The Verge. Retrieved 2019-07-19.
- ^ Cuthberston, Anthony (9 July 2019). “Huawei unearths Android different, claiming it is a ways 60 per cent sooner”. The Self reliant. Archived from the long-established on 10 July 2019. Retrieved 3 August 2019.
Ren Zhengfei acknowledged his company’s Harmony OS would be as a lot as 60 per cent sooner than Android and would join across loads of trim gadgets – ranging from autos to telephones.
- ^ “Huawei unearths HarmonyOS, its different to Android”. Engadget. Retrieved 2019-08-09.
- ^ a b Porter, Jon (2019-08-09). “Huawei’s original working system is called HarmonyOS”. The Verge. Retrieved 2019-08-09.
- ^ Kharpal, Arjun (10 September 2020). “Huawei says its possess working system HarmonyOS will come to smartphones subsequent One year”. CNBC. Retrieved 21 September 2020.
- ^ “Huawei Now Risks ‘Ancient’ Unique Strike At Android To Beat Google And Samsung”. Forbes. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
- ^ Porter, Jon (2019-08-10). “The Honor Vision TV is Huawei’s first HarmonyOS tool”. The Verge. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- ^ https://openharmony.gitee.com/openharmony