US median household income grew 6.8% in 2019
Element ID: #ti2053879650
This shriek items details on earnings, earnings, earnings inequality, and poverty in the US essentially essentially based on details composed in the 2020 and earlier Unique Population Peek Annual Social and Economic Dietary supplements (CPS ASEC) performed by the U.S. Census Bureau.
Element ID: #ti899953016
Element ID: #ti899953017
- Median family earnings used to be $68,703 in 2019, an develop of 6.8 p.c from the 2018 median of $64,324 (Figure 1 and Desk A-1).
- The 2019 precise median incomes of family households and nonfamily households elevated 7.3 p.c and 6.2 p.c from their respective 2018 estimates (Figure 1 and Desk A-1). Here is the fifth consecutive annual develop in median family earnings for family households, and the 2d consecutive develop for nonfamily households.
- The 2019 precise median incomes of White, Dark, Asian, and Hispanic households all elevated from their 2018 medians (Figure 1 and Desk A-1).
- Accurate median family incomes elevated for all areas in 2019; 6.8 p.c in the Northeast, 4.8 p.c in the Midwest, 6.1 p.c in the South, and 7.0 p.c in the West (Figure 1 and Desk A-1).
Element ID: #ti899953018
- Between 2018 and 2019, the precise median earnings of all workers and fleshy-time, 12 months-spherical workers elevated 1.4 p.c and zero.8 p.c, respectively (Figure 4 and Desk A-6).
- The 2019 precise median earnings of males ($57,456) and ladies folk ($47,299) who worked fleshy-time, 12 months-spherical elevated by 2.1 p.c and 3.0 p.c, respectively (Figure 4 and Desk A-6). The 2019 female-to-male earnings ratio used to be 0.823, no longer statistically diversified from the 2018 ratio (Figure 5).
- Between 2018 and 2019, the whole assortment of oldsters with earnings, no topic labor journey, elevated by about 2.2 million. The assortment of fleshy-time, 12 months-spherical workers elevated by approximately 1.2 million.
Element ID: #ti899953020
- The official poverty charge in 2019 used to be 10.5 p.c, down 1.3 percentage positive aspects from 11.8 p.c in 2018. Here is the fifth consecutive annual decline in poverty. Since 2014, the poverty charge has fallen 4.3 percentage positive aspects, from 14.8 p.c to 10.5 p.c (Figure 7 and Desk B-5).
- The 2019 poverty charge of 10.5 p.c is the lowest charge observed since estimates had been at the initiating printed in 1959 (Figure 7 and Desk B-5).
- In 2019, there acquire been 34.0 million folks in poverty, approximately 4.2 million fewer folks than 2018 (Figure 7 and Desk B-1).
- For all demographic groups shown in Figure 8 and Desk B-1, poverty charges in 2019 had been both lower than or no longer statistically diversified from these in 2018.
- Between 2018 and 2019, poverty charges declined for all speed and Hispanic starting save groups shown in Figure 8 and Desk B-1. The poverty charge for Whites diminished 1.0 percentage conceal 9.1 p.c. The poverty charge for Blacks diminished by 2.0 percentage positive aspects to 18.8 p.c. The poverty charge for Hispanics diminished by 1.8 percentage positive aspects to 15.7 p.c. The poverty charge for Asians diminished 2.8 percentage positive aspects to 7.3 p.c (Figure 8 and Tables B-1 and B-5).
- Between 2018 and 2019, poverty charges for oldsters underneath the age of 18 diminished 1.8 percentage positive aspects, from 16.2 p.c to 14.4 p.c. Poverty charges diminished 1.2 percentage positive aspects for oldsters used 18 to 64, from 10.7 p.c to 9.4 p.c. The poverty charge for oldsters used 65 and older diminished by 0.9 percentage positive aspects, from 9.7 p.c to eight.9 p.c (Figure 8 and Desk B-1).
Element ID: #ti899953021
Element ID: #ti1840402258
Element ID: #ti841669473
Element ID: #ti780680161
For details on confidentiality security, sampling error, nonsampling error, and definitions, mediate https://www2.census.gov/applications-surveys/cps/techdocs/cpsmar20.pdf [PDF – <1.0 MB].
The Census Bureau reviewed this details product for unauthorized disclosure of confidential details and accredited the disclosure avoidance practices utilized to this originate. CBDRB-FY20-372.